Having an ordinary, plate concrete driveway isn’t very exciting or interesting, so it is only reasonable that many homeowners use concrete pavers instead. With the wide variety of styles, patterns, shapes, colors and design technique capabilities, you’ll end up with a driveway that adds tremendous curb appeal to your home. Here are a few things you need to know before you go this route:
• Added Traction – Concrete pavers provide more traction when it is wet outside than a poured concrete driveway will. This can be helpful and keep you from inadvertently sliding into your garage door or out into traffic.
• Doesn’t Need Curing – One advantage of concrete pavers over a poured concrete driveway is that they don’t have a curing period. You can use your driveway immediately.
• Long Lasting – Concrete pavers are long-lasting, so you can expect your driveway to give you a lifetime of reliable use.
• Easy Maintenance – You’ll only need to give your new driveway a little bit of attention. Sweep or blow off debris and hose off the area occasionally. You should also repair damaged pavers as-needed. Speaking of repairs, it is a simple matter to remove and install a new paver, so stains and other problems are of little concern.
• Preparation is Key – To get the best results, it is imperative to properly excavate the area and create a well-prepared base for the concrete pavers. For best results, use a professional to install your concrete pavers and communicate with them about how you plan to use the space. Putting in concrete pavers isn’t an easy DIY project because you must get the grade right to facilitate water runoff and you need a plate compactor to set the pavers properly for long-lasting results.
If you would like to know more about concrete pavers, give us a call at Greenville Pavers. Our team has over 75 years of combined experience, so we are confident you’ll love the results.